Sharks are awesome! How awesome? Well:
1. Sharks don’t have bones. Their skeletons are made up of cartilage.
2. When a shark loses a tooth, it is replaced by a new one. This can result in a shark having multiple rows of teeth.
3. While most fish lay eggs, most species of shark give birth to live young. (The female carries the fertilized eggs and they hatch in her body.)
4. Sharks have existed on Earth almost unchanged for 400 million years.
5. One time, I got my finger stuck in a shark’s mouth. It’s ok, it was dead.